Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Dad day!

Growing up I was taught to spoil my Dad on Fathers day. We would do the dishes, serve breakfast if possible... just the simple things to make their day easy, or in some cases probably ended up making their day harder, but the point was we were TRYING to help!

It wasn't until recently when our son Aspen was born that I was truly able to understand what my Dad really had to go through! Its sad that it takes that to realize the sacrifices made, but at least I am able to see more clearly now.
My Dad and I didn't always get along great, or agree on everything. But when I needed help or guidance you can bet that he was right there to do everything he could for me, and it is incredible to think that at the drop of a coin he would do anything to make sure I could make it through whatever the current problem was!
If it wasn't for my Dad I would not be in the Air Force right now and I surely would not be married to Ashley and have a beautiful family. My Dad was there for me when I needed him most. Not to mention I shred a pretty mean guitar all thanks to him!
I seriously cannot thank him enough for everything he has done and I truly hope he knows just how much it means to me.
There is only one Cowboy Dad like my Dad..
I love you Dad! Wish I could be there to make you breakfast in bed, and a banana split :)

3 comments:

  1. Still love this photo!! Your dad should come check out Montana someday! He'd fit in so very well! Love you all!! Happy Father's day! Love- Your Big Sister Jamie <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, his dad wants to move to montana. :p He always talks about it. And happy fathers day cowboy! We all miss you and hope you are having a wonderful day! Wish we were around to celebrate with you.

    And Todd I love you so much! Happy happy fathers day. Know that even though you aren't around, you are still an amazing father, because you are sacrificing being able to be with us to better your family and provide for us. We know this is so hard for you, but don't ever forget how amazing of a father and husband this makes you. We are missing you every minute, and so blessed to have you. We love you always, less then two months :D

    ReplyDelete