Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Away from the crowd

Starting this photography business in the midst of the "digital age" of digital cameras and such is not the easiest of tasks. Everyone wants to be a photographer these days and honestly it can be quite discouraging to get going. But today it hit me.. Back in the days of history when the discovery of new land was occurring it must have been such an exciting time! I bet that everyone wanted to be part of it and was jumping on board to see what they could make of it..  But NOT everyone could survive, there were many struggles and only the strong survived.
The ones that did things a bit differently, and kept their lives in check were able to make it while many other fell off and quit! I see photography the same way.. There are so many who are trying to make it in this cluttered market but not all will survive. Many will throw in the rope and call it quits while we will keep pushing..
I mean, I have more motive than anyone else I know. This military thing is not good for my family and we are totally realizing it more and more everyday, so our photography business is going to be our saving grace! Our goal is by the end of my second re-enlistment to be able to get out of the military and finally start living our lives the way we want to. BUT that will mean that within 5 years our business will have to be able to sustain us.
I TOTALLY know its possible, it will just require some hard work on our part. Im up for the challenge, and I cannot wait to get back to the states to hit the ground running.. Why am I waiting to get back to the states? Well simply because I do not function properly without ashley.. Cheesy I know, but true.
Not to mention that building up a client base here wouldnt really be worth it as I will just be leaving in a month and a half. So I've just been focused on shooting as much as possible here and not worrying too much about advertising and getting my name out there. It will happen soon enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment